Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Human Harmony In Heaven

A friend of mine hoped (sarcastically or not) if we will all be on the same page in heaven.  I think from a few bible passages it is clear that we will all be on the same page.

For example who in heaven will own all of heaven?  "The earth is the Lord's, and all it contains, the world, and those who dwell in it" (Psalm 24:1).  The quick answer is that God will, but that misses the fact that we are heirs to all of creation: "The promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith" (Romans 8:14).  Basically we will all own and govern the whole world together.  That indicates an unthinkable amount of human harmony.

Of course all of heaven is a very minor bit of our inheritance, ever increasing joy in fellowship with God is the main entrĂ©e.  We will Love the Lord with all our hearts minds and souls.  That means that anything else we love will be so transformed by love for God that it will be love for God.  We will love everything through the lens of our love for God.  Since every Christian will do this everyone will be most defiantly on the same page in heaven.

3 comments:

Hopeternal said...

Thanks for your thoughtful reply comments.

Desensitized_Pixi said...

I appreciate your concern towards my xanga filler, but I do not feel anything I post is bad. I cannot change my personality simply because someone else feels uncomfortable with it. What I post in my xanga are articles I find amusing. Where in the Bible does it say that I shouldn't find humor in life's little quirks and coincidences? Honoring God is not always about preaching about Him 24/7.

Desensitized_Pixi said...

And who are you to say what God finds amusing and what God doesn’t find amusing? Have you talked to Him personally? Has He come to you in a dream telling you that He finds carrots mutating into the shape a man’s anatomy seriously offensive? I doubt it. Why should anyone be offended by something God created? And if I find amusement in it, perhaps God also finds it amusing because we were all made in His image. If it offends you, I apologize. That is not the intention of my posts. I don’t think either of us is necessarily wrong in this case. It is just a disagreement of personal beliefs. You may think it is proper to wear suit and tie to church Sunday morning. I see nothing wrong with wearing chained pants and a spike collar. That doesn’t mean I am dishonoring God. It just means I am following Him differently than you. And that’s ok because God made us all different. He doesn’t want us to be robots. I hope you understand that what I believe cannot jsut be based on someone else's word. It has to be logical and reasonable to me. If someone asks me why I believe something or not, I can't just tell them because my friend told me to. So to my understanding, there is nothing wrong with my humor. And I hope you can look past our differences and accept me as different and not inferior.