Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Salvation

One of the most interesting commercials I have seen explicitly stated what our culture takes for granted. At the end of the commercial a little boy says, "Everyone just wants to do the right thing." If this were true we would not need Jesus but the reality is we often desire the wrng thing. There are no good people that the world keeps speaking of. A good man isn't just hard to find he is impossible to find, except for Jesus who is sinless and eternally God and Man. The good news is that Jesus offers s what we cannot do ourselves if we will simple allow him to do do all the work. Faith is saying, "I cannot be right before God by my strength, I cannot pay my debt - Jesus do for me what I cannot do myself." As scripture records one man of faith, "Jesus have mercy on me a sinner."

No comments: