Saturday, December 12, 2015

Healing

I'm recovering from a cold, and the question I like to ask is "Do you think I'm getting better?" because I really want to know if it will end now or very soon. And the answer I usually hear involves the words "this shows your body is healing." The word "heal" is a word I like to hear these days. It's a slow and steady process, but it means I'll soon be back to normal.

It reminds me of how powerful that word is in the Bible. One instance of it is "I have seen his ways, but I will heal him" (Isaiah 57:18). On the days I'm feeling the sickest with my cold, I love to hear that it will get better. It will heal and is healing. And we can feel that way as Christians. On the days when we feel the worst, we can know that God is helping us grow and he's a forgiving God. Jesus' death and resurrection, and our faith in that, allows this to be true.

That reminds me of these verses: "He who was seated on the throne said, 'Behold, I am making all things new'" (Romans 21:5).

No comments: