Saturday, September 24, 2005

A Suggestion for a Hobby for You

I have a suggestion for a hobby for you. You will probably laugh at it, but the ordinances of God are more precious than gold and more sweet than honey. And those are just the Lords ordinance, the Lord is too infinitely sweet to ever be captured by the human heart.

Of course you will say that you don’t find God so. You will say, I don’t taste him as such, I do not have that taste for him, studying God isn’t my type of hobby. But, that is rather like saying eating isn’t my type of thing. If we fail to eat of spiritual bread continually we will truly shrivel in many distorted ways, and be oblivious to the spirit wrenching hunger we are experiencing. Consider Psalm 19:9-10: "The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous. They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb."

Or Psalm 42:1: "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God."

No comments: