Monday, May 22, 2006

John Piper Quote on the Main Challenge of the Christian Life

A bit from a John Piper sermon that I liked. (That I liked especially that is :)
It seems to me that the main challenge of the Christian life is to see what you see.  To see what you see.  Because Jesus criticized us, “seeing they do not see.”  So you can see and not see.  So the main challenge of the Christian life is to see what you see.  My job as a pastor is to see what I see, when I read the bible and then say it so others can see what I see.  Because most of us don't see what we see.  Because isn't it amazing that in the first line of Hebrew God spoke.  I mean, do we stop and see what we see.  God is not a silent God.   He is not a withdrawn God.  He is not an uncommunicative God.  He is not like many of the people we know who when they enter a room slink off to the corner, because they don't want to talk....

No comments: