Saturday, August 20, 2005

Suffering - The Beautiful Gift form God

Suffering - The beautiful gift form God.

Anyone who denies that suffering is a beautiful gift from God denies many parts of scripture.  Consider when Paul had the thorn of his side.  He asked God for it to be removed three times.  God's answer was that his grace was sufficient and his power is made perfect in you in weakness.  God was not causing Paul something bad, he was giving him something good as "All things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose."  God was increasing his power and grace in Paul.  So what did Paul do to accord with this divine work in him.  He did this (2 Corinthians 12:9-10): "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

1 comment:

libertystar said...

i know what you meant, d. it's cool. thanks for calling. sorry i didn't get to talk long.