Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Worry

The bible tells us not to worry. The future will worry about itself.

At times the advice seems strange. But in difficult times we usually know the direction to take.

The worry will not get us there faster or slower. And God has already promised to provide.

I look back on times in the past when I have worried a great deal and often I see that nothing bad really ever did happen except my emotional state being ruffled.

Really you see absolutely nothing bad did happen at these times if I had faith to not worry. Sometimes very difficult things to happen but worry does not make things better.

Ultimately death is the passage into the presence of God where we will see him face to face. We already know the end by faith and the journey is often more pleasant if by faith we can trust God to worry about the details and live by faith without worry.

No comments: